Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaNoWriMo Once Again

So its that time again.




NaNoWriMo. Time to break out the cheap chocolate (tootsie rolls), mints, multitude of sites to distract and the iced water. But more importantly, its time to break out the novel. Get an idea, pursue the evil little plot bunny and persuade the characters to cooperate. (I use the threat of being “cannon” fodder in one of my many roleplays. If a character thinks he we will be turned into a hare to charge screaming into death, they’re very cooperative. ;) )



I needed a new novel idea this year. Last year I failed with my idea of twins who travel and eventually bring down a scheming general and Noble’s Circle to take the throne which was in reality the youngest twin’s. This year, I really hated to abandon that world, for I love the idea, just as I love the denizens (I put whatever creatures I liked in it, cats and gryphons and phoenixes and eagles) So there I was, November approaching and no idea. And then Frederic showed up. I gave him a last name, a purpose (travel the country with some traders/rebels and become a sort of inadvertent hero) You see, Frederic is a con-cat. He’s a thief, a pickpocket, a scoundrel, a liar and a down and dirty fighter. But in the process of a job, he trips his mark, and instead of being rewarded with money, he saved his mark’s life and is whisked away to life on the run.



Its set in the same world, even set in the same time-frame, but told from the point of view of a concat instead of by twins. This should be fun, bring on the sugar, late nights and sleepy classes!

No comments: