Monday, November 30, 2009

Writing Pt. I

I consider myself a writer. Not a novelist, or a short story-ist, or God forbid a journalist (dude, I don't even like asking my family questions) but just a writer. I write all types of things, from action to fantasy to romance. (actually, very little of that last.) I roleplay, but not in the way of WoW or the like. I've never played like that. The closest, easiest explanation and the one I often resort to when telling people of my secret 'obsession' is its like "writing a story" with friends. Its hard to explain, but I'll try.

When you join a site, it will most likely be on a forum board. I usually only play on Proboards, so we'll ignore the others for this blog. ((Invisionfree's good in its own way))

So take something like Accio Horizon or ToRA. Both are awesome sites, and although they have a few differences, one is about the world of Harry Potter and the other is medieval animals, they do have quite a few things in common.

For instance, you must fill out a character sheet and have it accepted by an admin before you can join in the roleplaying. There are OOC boards for the members to play games, show off writings/artwork, or request another character to RP with your character. Each site also has its own set of rules, but some common ones are(pretty much set in stone everywhere) No Godmodding; No Powerplaying; Respect others; respect the staff. Now, each site may have its own specific rules, so its a good idea to read these through.

So I consider myself a writer. And you know what? These things have helped my writing tremendously.

No comments: